Moussacaa. Also, if possible, have a friend/child/spouse on hand to help you out. Get Moussaka Recipe from Food Network. I didn't have allspice, so I substituted cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove.
This is well worth the extra effort as it. Sprinkle eggplant slices with salt and place in a colander set in the sink or over a plate. Scatter the breadcrumbs over the bottom of the pan. You can cook Moussacaa using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Moussacaa
- You need 4 of aubergines.
- You need 3 of tomate.
- It’s 3 of Ail.
- Prepare of Poulet hachée ou (viande hachée/poisson).
- You need 2 of cuillère Tomate concentrer.
- It’s of Sel.
- It’s of Poivre noire.
Lay half of the eggplant in the pan. This recipe for moussaka is adapted from one found in David Rosengarten's book "Taste" which includes an entire section devoted to the classic Greek casserole In the book, Mr Rosengarten claims that his is "the lightest, least oily, least tomatoey, most eggplanty, most refined moussaka that you've ever tasted." Isn't that just what you want as you plan a dinner party Greek moussaka is a casserole made by layering eggplant and potatoes with a spiced meat filling, then topping it off with a creamy egg-enriched béchamel sauce (white sauce) and baking it to golden perfection. It is perhaps the most widely recognized of all Greek dishes and was made famous by the legendary Greek chef Nicholas Tselementes. The beauty of this recipe (besides great taste) is it's ability to freeze (and defrost) so well, with no loss of flavour, making it ideal for OAMC (once a month cooking).
Moussacaa step by step
- Couper les aubergines en des tranches et ajouter le sel et laisser cuire à la vapeur.
- Ajoutez les tomates, le concentré, le sel et le poivre noir, l'ail haché, 2 tasses d'eau, laissez bouillir, ajoutez le poulet haché et laissez cuire..
- Lorsque vous faites cuire le mélange, mettez-en un peu dans un plateau et placez-y les aubergines. Complétez la couche par une couche. Dans la dernière couche, mettez le fromage râpé dessus et placez au four jusqu'à ce qu'un peu d'eau soit séchée..
Note: Greeks do not eat their food piping hot out of the oven – especially in the summer heat. Food is served just warm or at room temperature (but cooked that day – otherwise it is reheated. This moussaka provides a wonderful meal for a family occasion and is made with the traditional lamb mince. Greek Moussaka recipe – A delicious taste of Greece. Greek moussaka (mousaka) is one of the most popular dishes in Greece, served in almost every tavern and prepared in every household on special occasions and big family meals and for good reason!