How good are you at getting people to follow your brand on networks like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google Plus?
Maybe you find that, despite adding content weekly – or even daily – no-one is really reacting to what you’re saying.
A study by eMarketer sets out nine reasons why customers connect with brands on social media and they are:
1. They are looking for deals or discounts 44.3%
2. They love the brand and want to follow it 36.9%
3. They want to keep up with brand news 27.5%
4. They noticed someone else following the brand company profile 18.8%
5. Others in their social network recommended it 16.1%
6. An ad in print, TV or online led them to it 14.8%
7. It was mentioned in an article 12.8%
8. They have a professional interest 10.7%
9. The company’s tweets/posts are entertaining 9.4%
Are you bearing these motivations in mind or are you just pumping out ill considered “me, me, me” content?
Photo by “Christopher” (here on Flickr)